I thought there was no doubt that I would have Maddox potty trained by the time Briley arrived. Well, I was wrong. Now I'm thinking we will have two kids in diapers for a little while. Send diaper coupons!
The good news is, he does sit on the potty at school and occasionally at home. The bad news is, he doesn't actually use it. He just sits there! I think he actually holds it on purpose, then goes when you put the diaper or pull-up on him!
I found a Potty Chart on Chuck E. Cheese's website. I printed it off and told him he would get a sticker every time he sits on the potty and when he got 10 stickers we would go to Chuck E. Cheese. He seemed excited. So, I said "Let's go sit on the potty so you can get a sticker". He said "No"! I said, "Yes, so we can go to Chuck E. Cheese. It will be so fun!". He said, "I don't want to go to Chuck E. Cheese". Ok. So moving on to plan B...
If we are ever home all day for a few consecutive days, I plan to just put him in underwear and see what happens. The problem is, we are never home (except during nap time)! Well, we will be home a lot more after Briley is born. So, we may just wait until then.
Does anyone reading this have any advice? Has anyone potty trained a toddler while caring for a newborn?
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ask Beth about the quarter method. Or put cheerios in the toilet so he can try to hit them....that's what Jeremy does. Kidding, kidding!
Post a Comment