pregnant

Friday, April 10, 2009

Big Brother Class


Tuesday night, we took Maddox to a "Sibling Class" at the hospital. There was a new baby in the window of the nursery and he stared at it for several minutes and asked lots of questions. He was very interested! Then, we took a tour of the labor/delivery rooms and post partum rooms. It was a good tour for Britt and I, since Maddox was born at a different hospital. Ater our tour, we stepped back in time! Seriously! We went back to the classroom for a snack and video. The video Maddox watched was from the early 70's! I think it's time to update their video! It didn't keep his attention for very long.

After the video, the teacher took his picture with the biggest Polariod camera I've ever seen! Then, she gave him some paper and markers to make a card for Briley. Well, the markers must have been really old too because they were all dried out! Oh well, the card is still pretty cute.

The teacher then brought out a baby doll so we could practice changing its diaper, holding it, etc. Their dolls are anatomically correct, and this was a girl doll. Maddox's first question was "Where's it's wee-wee?". Ha! He has a lot to learn about having a baby sister! He didn't care much about the baby doll, which made Britt happy!

The class could have been better, but Maddox seemed to have a good time. He was happy to have a card for Briley. When we got home he kissed my belly and said "Hi Briley. I made a card for you". So sweet! He also got a little book about having a new baby, and he likes to read it every night.

He seems to really understand that we have a baby coming, but I still don't know how he's going to act when it actually happens. He is such a Mommy's boy and is becoming more and more clingy to me. We will do our best to make him feel extra special when he becomes a big brother.

As for when this will happen... I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and there are no signs of labor yet. We went ahead and scheduled an induction for May 5. My doctor likes to have it scheduled, so I appeased him! I really don't think I want to be induced, but we'll see!

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

What a great idea! I was induced with Matthew and it was best experience ever! Only four hours labor with ten minutes pushing! Much better than the twelve hours I had with Jason. Hope you enjoy your last few weeks of pregnancy!

Unknown said...

That picture is creepy. Anyway, sounds like Maddox was really receptive to the idea. I'm glad he got to see what the 70's were like! hahaha