His only 3 requests for Santa were a firetruck, airplanes, and a flashlight! Of course, if he saw a toy catalog he could pick out much more that he wanted!
The anticipation of Christmas was almost more than he could bear. I imagine it will be much worse next year!
I never thought I would say "Santa's watching" when my child was misbehaving, but I did! It didn't really work, though. I think he's too young to comprehend that concept. What did work was threatening to call Santa on the phone one night when he was pitching a fit in the bathtub. He stood right up and apologized!
We had a busy Christmas season, but it was all a lot of fun. We're already looking forward to next year with two little ones!
Here is Mommy's Christmas card photo shoot at the Eastern Shore Center. We were supposed to have his picture made at Portrait Innovations. But, after waiting an hour past his appointment time, we decided to take matters into our own hands. I think our card turned out pretty cute and we saved a bunch of money!
We started the present opening on December 21 before Mimi and Pop went to Florence.
I think Maddox loves opening presents more than playing with what's inside. We probably could have just wrapped up some of his old toys and he would have been happy!From Mimi and Pop, Maddox got a helicopter, some airplanes, lots of candy, etc. etc.!
Maddox and Mommy made cookies for Santa. It was a big mess, but a lot of fun!
This was actually the first year that we've been in town on Christmas Eve to attend our church's service. We were asked to do a candle lighting/scripture reading during the service. Maddox got to sit with me during the whole service. (Britt had to sit with the deacons). Maddox did very well during the service. He even pretended to read from his hymnal while we were singing!
Here we are after the service:
Christmas morning was so much fun! Maddox slept until 8AM! He smiled so big when we went in his room and said "Merry Christmas"! While I changed his diaper we told him that Santa came last night. He said "No, not yet"! He couldn't believe that he day was finally here!
Santa left him a "new firetruck- a big one!" He also got the Little Einstine's laptop, plush rocket, and conductor's baton, a mickey mouse toy, a flashlight, etc, etc!
After we opened our presents from Santa and each other, we got ready for our company.
We cooked my grandmother Mom's traditional sausage cheese cloud and heavenly hash as well as some other yummy food. Britt's whole family came over for brunch. Britt's parents, sister, brother-in-law, and all 3 grandparents came! We had a good crowd and lots of fun!
Maddox loved his bathtub trumpet, his karaoke machine, a new big tractor, a new tool set, etc. ,etc!
We opened presents at Aunt Deana's house.
Maddox loves his new fireman raincoat and boots!

Maddox played pretty well together until it got well past naptime. Then they fought over a shopping cart. The cart ended up on top of Maddox. Wish I had a picture!


Whew what a month! We're looking forward to a great 2009 with the addition of Baby Sister!

1 comment:
I like seeing Britt studying something amidst a pile of torn gift wrap, reminds me of Christmas when we were little!
Post a Comment